Managing your Web Trader account FAQs
- How do I log in?
- I am having issues logging in. What shall I do?
- Will my account and orders be synced across all City Index platforms and apps?
- Are my margin requirements and pricing the same?
- How do I place a trade?
- Where can I view and manage my open positions?
- Where can I view and edit pending orders?
- Where can I view historical transactions?
- How can I deposit and withdraw funds from my account?
- Where can I find my statements and contract notes?
How do I log in?
You can log in by clicking the log in button at the top of any page on cityindex.com, then selecting the Web Trader tab. Use your existing username and password.
I am having issues logging in. What shall I do?
If you’re having trouble logging in, check your browser first. Web Trader is optimised for all major browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari. If you are not using one of these browsers, please download the latest version of the one you prefer. If you are having problems and you are using one of these browsers please contact our customer support team immediately and we will do everything we can to help.
Will my account and orders be synced across all City Index platforms and apps?
Yes. Any trades and orders placed on Web Trader will be visible across all City Index platforms and apps (excluding MT4). This enables you to place a trade on Web Trader and close it on the City Index mobile app, or vice versa.
Are my margin requirements and pricing the same?
Yes, the mobile app and Web Trader feature exactly the same pricing and margin requirements. View our pricing details here.
How do I place a trade?
To place a trade, follow these steps:
- Click any ‘Buy’ or ‘Sell’ button - this opens a trade ticket
- Enter the quantity
- Add a stop and/or limit order if you wish
- Click ‘Place trade’
Where can I view and manage my open positions?
You can view and manage open position in the ‘Positions and Orders’ component, which is located at the bottom of your default workspace.
Click on the Positions tab to see your positions.
You can add or edit stop and limit orders, and can close, or partially close positions from the positions and orders window.
Learn more about Web Trader.
Where can I view and edit pending orders?
You can view and edit pending orders in the Orders tab of the position and orders component. To access your pending orders, click on the position and orders component from the workspace drop-down menu and select "orders".
If you have any pending orders you can edit them here. You can also add or edit stop and limit orders to your pending orders or delete orders.
Learn more about using orders in the Trading Academy.
Where can I view historical transactions?
You can view your historical transactions in the positions and orders component of the trading platform. Click the positions and orders option from the work space drop-down menu and select your transactions.
How can I deposit and withdraw funds from my account?
To deposit or withdraw funds simply:
- Log in to Web Trader
- Click ‘Add funds’ from the balance bar at the top of the platform
- Alternatively, click on the ‘My Account’ icon in the top right-hand corner
- Then, click ‘Account funding’ - you can deposit or withdraw funds and add a new payment method
Where can I find my statements and contract notes?
To access your latest statements:
- Log in to Web Trader
- Click on the 'My Account’ icon in the top right-hand corner
- Select My Account
This will launch a new tab within the platform where you can access your statements.