Trading Platforms FAQs
- What are the different trading platforms that you offer?
- How do I use the trading platforms and apps?
- What are the features of your Online Trading Platform?
- Are the trading platforms secure?
- Are there any guides on how to use the trading platforms?
- I can't access the trading platform
- What should I do if I receive an error when placing a Trade or an Order?
- I am unable to view charts, what should I do?
- Why do the prices on the trading charts differ from live prices?
What are the different trading platforms that you offer?
Aside our Web Trader platform (FAQs available here), we also offer City Index trading apps for both iOS and Android devices, which can be downloaded from the respective app stores. You can access your CFD account on any of these platforms.
We also offer MetaTrader 4 (MT4), which requires a specific City Index MT4 trading account.
You can find out more about each of the trading platforms we offer here.
How do I use the trading platforms and apps?
The best way to familiarise yourselves with using the different trading platforms and all their features is by watching our ‘How to trade’ videos, which you can find under the ‘Platforms & Tools’ section of the website.
What are the features of your online trading platform?
- Place trades securely from your computer 24 hours a day 5 days a week
- Access over 6,000 markets including global shares, indices, ETFs, FX, commodities and more
- Instantly access real-time financial news and analysis feeds from Thomson Reuters
- Access our interactive live pricing charting package which includes a range of technical analysis tools
- Create multiple watch lists to monitor potential future trades
Are the trading platforms secure?
Yes. Our platforms are accessed via a HTTPS connection and are secure. To access your account on any of our platforms, you will be required to enter your username and password.
Are there any guides on how to use the trading platforms?
Yes - please refer to our Platform Tutorials; these feature short videos that will walk you through everything from funding your trading account, to using watchlists and placing trades. You can find out more about each of the trading platforms we offer here.
I can't access the trading platform
Certain settings on your computer may be preventing you from logging on to our trading platform. Clearing your cache should help resolve this issue.
What should I do if I receive an error when placing a trade or an order?
If you receive an error, please contact our Client Support team immediately and we will do everything we can to help.
I am unable to view charts, what should I do?
You may need to turn off your pop-up blocker. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact our Client Support team
Why do the prices on the trading charts differ from live prices?
The trading charts provided are indicative and represent mid-prices as default; they should not be used to verify exact fill levels. Please note you can change the price to bid or ask using the drop-down settings on the trading chart.