New mobile app FAQs
- How do I download the City Index app on my device?
- Can I view my existing open positions and orders within the new mobile app?
- What security features are in place to protect my account information?
- How do I add stops and limits?
- How do I create a watchlist?
- How do I create a chart template?
- How do I see individual positions?
- How do I adjust parameters on an indicator?
- Why can't I see my positions on the chart?
- How can I trade from chart?
- My trade keeps getting rejected due to price tolerance, where can I adjust that?
- I would like to practice using the new app, but my demo has expired, how can I renew it?
- How do I download statements?
- What are the new features of the new app?
- Is this available for iPad/tablet?
- Will my pending orders and positions move over to the new app?
- Can I move over my customised chart templates?
- How do I check if I already have the latest version?
How do I download the City Index app on my device?
To download the City Index app on your iOS or Android device, search for City Index in your app store or follow the links below:
Can I view my existing open positions and orders within the new mobile app?
Yes. Any trades and orders placed on Web Trader or the old version of the app will be visible across all City Index platforms and apps (excluding MT4). This enables you to place a trade on Web Trader and close it on the new City Index mobile app, or vice versa.
When you upgrade, you won’t lose any watchlists, positions or orders – and you’ll gain new features to help elevate your trading.
What security features are in place to protect my account information?
We use sophisticated encryption technology to ensure the highest level of account security.
How do I add stops and limits?
To add an associated limit or stop (or both) to an open position, follow these steps:
- Find your position in the ‘Portfolio’ tab – it should show AL (associated limit) and AS (associated stop) as ‘Not set’
- Tap on the position, which will switch you to the trade information page
- Here, you can turn the toggles for ‘Associated Limit’ and ‘Associated Stop’ on
- Choose to place your stop or limit at a specific level under ‘Price’, number of pips away under ‘Pips’ or a monetary value under ‘P&L’
To create a new watchlist, follow these steps: Navigate to the ‘Watchlists’ screen Scroll along the list of existing watchlists, then select the plus sign at the end Enter your desired name for your list and tap ‘Create’ Once this new watchlist is created, you can add markets to it easily via the ‘Markets’ tab. Simply swipe on your desired market, tap the ‘Add to’ option, select the watchlist of your choice and hit ‘Done’.
How do I create a watchlist?
To create a new watchlist, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Watchlists’ screen
- Scroll along the list of existing watchlists, then select the plus sign at the end
- Enter your desired name for your list and tap ‘Create’
Once this new watchlist is created, you can add markets to it easily via the ‘Markets’ tab. Simply swipe on your desired market, tap the ‘Add to’ option, select the watchlist of your choice and hit ‘Done’.
How do I create a chart template?
Follow these steps to create a new chart template:
- Tap the full-screen icon in the bottom-left corner of any chart to access all the features available to you
- Set up your chart with the indicators and tools you wish to feature on your template
- Scroll along toolbar on the top for more options, and hit the ‘Save’ button
- Enter a name for your new layout in the pop-up and hit ‘Save’
The layout will be saved and will now show under the cloud icon in the upper right corner. To switch to a different layout or to create a new one, select the down arrow next to the saved layout.
How do I see individual positions?
If you have more than one trade in the same market, the app will automatically group those trades together in a consolidated view for you in the ‘Portfolio’ window. If you wish to see each position individually, simply tap on the relevant trade and it will collapse to reveal each trade separately.
Additionally, you can also use the ‘Stack’ button in the upper-right corner to toggle this view on or off.
How do I adjust parameters on an indicator?
When viewing a chart and with an indicator applied, you should see the name of your indicator to the extreme left of the chart. If you can’t, then you should see a sideways arrow which you can expand to see the indicator name.
Tap on the indicator name to see additional options, then hit the cogwheel icon to adjust your indicator’s settings. From here, you can adjust the parameters as needed and hit ‘OK’ to save your settings.
Why can't I see my positions on the chart?
If you can’t see your live positions or orders on a chart, you’ll need to make sure that ‘Show Positions’ is enabled in the ‘Chart Settings’ area of the settings menu.
If ‘Show Positions’ is toggled on, then it’s worth double checking the timeframe of your chart as it may not be currently showing the area of your position or order.
How can I trade from chart?
On a full-screen chart, tap ‘TRADE’ at the top of your screen to quickly place a trade.
You can also view any live positions directly on charts and tap the ‘X’ icon to close them. To adjust this setting, head over to the ‘Chart Settings’ section of the settings menu.
My trade keeps getting rejected due to price tolerance, where can I adjust that?
Follow these steps to adjust your price tolerance for an individual market:
- Swipe on your chosen market in the ‘Watchlists’ or ‘Markets’ tabs
- Tap ‘More’, then ‘Market Information’
- Under ‘Preferences’, you can amend your price tolerance to your chosen level
I would like to practice using the new app, but my demo has expired, how can I renew it?
Please reach out to our support team for assistance.
How do I download statements?
To access your statements, tap ‘More’ at the bottom of the app and then select ‘Statements’ (you’ll find it under My Trading History). Next, tap the tick box next to ‘Statement’ and select your required date range.
Hit ‘Search’, and all available statements for the specified date range will be shown.
What are the new features of the new app?
You’ll find a huge number of enhancements in the new City Index app, which is designed to help you trade faster. Download the app now to:
- Execute orders faster than ever with one-swipe trading
- Access Performance Analytics directly from the app
- View positions and orders directly on charts
- See more information on advanced deal tickets
Learn more about the City Index trading app.
Is this available for iPad/tablet?
Currently, only a phone version of the City Index mobile app is available. However, it can be installed on your tablet as well.
Will my pending orders and positions move over to the new app?
Yes. Your account with City Index is not tied to a specific platform, so you can view your orders and positions – whether pending or live – via the full range of platforms we offer (excluding MT4)
Can I move over my customised chart templates?
Yes, any chart templates that you have saved on the old version of the City Index app will automatically transfer over to the new version.
How do I check if I already have the latest version?
To check which version of the app you’re currently running, simply open the app and take a look at the version number at the bottom of the log-in screen. If the figure begins with a 4 or higher, you’re still using the old version of the app.
If the figure begins with a 1, you’re on the new version.