Platinum Refer a Friend Terms and Conditions
Platinum Refer a Friend
- By participating in City Index’s “Refer A Friend” promotion (“Promotion”), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein (“Promotion Terms”) AS WELL AS the general terms and conditions (as may be amended from time to time) that apply to your account with City Index (“Terms”). Capitalised terms and expressions used in these Promotion Terms shall have the same meaning as in our Terms unless specified otherwise.
- The Promotion is offered by City Index (“City Index”; “we”, “our” or “us”). City Index is a trading name of StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. (“SFP”) for the offering of dealing services in Contracts for Differences (“CFD”). StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. is a company incorporated under the laws of Republic of Singapore (with company registration number 201130598R), and having its registered office at 1 Raffles Place #18-61, Tower 2, One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616. SFP holds a Capital Markets Services Licence issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore for dealing in exchange-traded derivatives contracts, over-the-counter derivatives contracts, and spot foreign exchange contracts for the purposes of leveraged foreign exchange trading.
- To be eligible to take part in the Promotion you must be a “Qualifying Client” or a “Referred Friend” (in each case, as defined herein below).
- A “Qualifying Client” means an existing client of City Index who, immediately prior to the commencement of the Promotion:
4.1. is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
4.2. has an open and funded account with City Index;
4.3. has an existing demonstrable relationship with each proposed Referred Friend; and
4.4. consents for his/her personal data to be disclosed by City Index to a Referred Friend when City Index contacts the Referred Friend for the purpose of this Promotion,
AND WHO MUST SATISFY each of the following requirements in respect of each Referred Friend:
4.5. obtain the consent of the Referred Friend for the disclosure of the latter’s personal data i.e. name, email address and phone number) to City Index for the purpose of this Promotion, and for the marketing of City Index’s products and services to the said Referred Friend;
4.6. obtain the consent of the Referred Friend in order for City Index’s representative(s) to contact them via phone and/or email;
4.7. inform the Referred Friend that the Qualifying Client is eligible to receive the Referral Bonus (as defined below) if City Index deems that the terms and conditions of this Promotion have been satisfied by the Referred Friend; and
4.8. obtain the Referred Friend’s consent to City Index notifying the Qualifying Client whether the Referred Friend in question has satisfied the terms and conditions of this Promotion.
- The “Referred Friend” means an individual who:
5.1. is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
5.2. does not currently maintain a City Index trading account and has not maintained one in the past;
5.3. has been referred to City Index by a Qualifying Client via the email referral procedure established by City Index for the purposes of the Promotion; and
5.4. is successful in opening a City Index trading account using the email address provided to City Index by the Qualifying Client AND funds the account with a minimum of SGD$10,000 in the manner set out at paragraph 11 below.
- By providing City Index with the personal data of a Referred Friend, the Qualifying Client acknowledges and confirms that the Referred Friend in fact has consented to being contacted by City Index via email and/or phone.
- In the event the Referred Friend fails to register his/her Account Number in the manner directed by City Index, the Referral Bonus shall not be paid to the Referred Friend.
- Subject to these Promotion Terms, if a Referred Friend funds their account to the respective limits set out in paragraph 5.4 and satisfies the Trading Requirement (as defined in paragraph 11 below) in full within the period set out, the Referred Friend in question and the Qualifying Client who introduces him/her to SFP will each have their respective City Index trading accounts credited with:
8.1. the Referral Bonus if the Referred Friend funds his/her trading account with a minimum of SGD$10,000 AND satisfies the Trading Requirements set out below
Should a Referred Friend meet more than one Trading Requirement, only the highest applicable Referral Bonus shall be payable. For example, if a Referred Client funds their account with SGD$10,000 AND meets both the Refer A Friend Trading Requirement and the Platinum Refer A Friend Trading Requirement, the Referred Client and the respective Qualifying Client shall only be entitled to receive the Platinum Referral Bonus AND NOT both Referral Bonuses.
- The Promotion commences on February 2023 and shall continue until such date as it is terminated by City Index. City Index shall not be obligated to give any notice of its intention to terminate the Promotion and shall be entitled to terminate the Promotion at City Index’s sole and absolute discretion.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: To qualify for the referral bonus, the Qualifying Client MUST complete and submit the “Refer A Friend” referral form.
- For the purpose of these Promotion Terms:
11.1 . Deposit a minimum of SGD$10,000 with City Index,
11.2 . Achieve a minimum USD$80,000,000 trading volume of CFDs Forex, Equities, Indices, Commodities or Metals within 90 days
11.3 . There is no limit on referral numbers
11.4 . The referral bonus payable to a Referred Friend is SGD$2,000
11.5 . The referral bonus payable to a Qualifying Client is SGD$2,000
- The Promotion is strictly limited to one (1) participating Account per household address. A Qualifying Client is not entitled to refer another family member/spouse living in the same household address as them as a Referred Friend.
- The stipulated trading requirements (set out in paragraph 11 above) must be satisfied by the Referred Friend within the Qualifying Period, i.e. ninety (90) days after the Referred Friend has opened a City Index account.
- For the avoidance of doubt, there shall not be any partial pay-outs of Referral Bonus if the stipulated trading requirements have not been satisfied within the Qualifying Period. In such an event, the Referred Friend and Qualifying Client shall forfeit any Referral Bonus and City Index shall not be liable to either the Referred Friend and/or Qualifying Client in any manner for any Referral Bonus and/or loss suffered whatsoever.
- The Qualifying Client and Referred Friend will each receive the Referral Bonus into their respective accounts within the first three (3) weeks of the calendar month that follows the end of the Qualifying Period.
- Any trades placed using a demo account do not qualify for this Promotion.
- Subject to these Promotion Terms, once a Referral Bonus has been applied to a Qualifying Client’s or Referred Friend’s trading account, the Referral Bonus in question may be retained, converted into cash balance and withdrawn and/or transferred at the Qualifying Client’s or Referred Friend’s discretion.
- Clients holding a joint account with City Index shall not be entitled to refer the other join account holder for the Promotion.
- Each of the Qualifying Client’s and Referred Friend’s respective accounts must be open and not be subject to any dispute with City Index and/or be in default as at the date the Referral Bonus becomes payable to the applicable account. A breach of this paragraph shall disqualify a Qualifying Client and/or a Referred Friend (whichever applicable) from receiving a Referral Bonus.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Promotion Terms, City Index shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine a Qualifying Client’s and/or a Referred Friend’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion, including, without limitation, whether or not you meet the requirements as a Qualifying Client or whether or not the Referred Friend has met the trading requirements set out at paragraph 11 above. For the avoidance of doubt, City Index shall have the sole and absolute discretion to reject a Referred Friend as a client without giving any reason whatsoever.
- City Index shall not be liable under any circumstances for any losses whatsoever (including direct, indirect and/or consequential loss of profit) that a Qualifying Client or Referred Friend may suffer as a result of their trading on their account(s).
- This Promotion is not intended to influence any of City Index’s risk preferences and/ or investment strategies and City Index accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the same.
- Qualifying Clients and Referred Friends must read these Promotion Terms, City Index’s Terms and the risk warnings set out therein carefully.
- The Qualifying Client undertakes not to provide the Referred Friend any form of financial or investment advice, recommendations or opinions or undertake any other activities including but not limited to inducing transactions as defined under “Trading Requirement” that would be considered a regulated activity in Singapore.
- City Index’s employees or other producers or suppliers associated with this Promotion, their advertising, printing and publicity agencies, and, in each case, their immediate family members (i.e. any person residing in the household of the aforementioned people) are not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- In the event an individual participating in this Promotion fail to meet all the qualifying criteria set out herein, City Index reserves the sole and absolute discretion, without prejudice to any other rights under these Promotion Terms or Terms, to clawback the Referral Bonus from the applicable account(s). In addition, City Index reserves the right at our sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual who fails to fulfil the registration criteria set out by City Index for the Promotion, and/or breaches the Promotion Terms or City Index’s Terms.
- City Index reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate this Promotion, or any aspect of it, at any time and without prior notice. City Index is entitled to make changes to these Promotion Terms and will take all reasonable steps to post the revised terms on our website www.cityindex.com.sg We recommend that you review these Promotion Terms regularly, and by your continued use of our services you are deemed to have accepted any such revised terms.
- Any dispute arising from the Promotion or these Promotion Terms will be resolved by City Index’s management in a manner it deems to be the fairest to all concerned, and that decision shall be final and/or binding. No further correspondence with entered into with either a Qualifying Client and/or the Referred Friend.
- Should the Promotion Terms be translated into a language other than English, in the event of an inconsistency and/or a dispute, the English version of the Promotion Terms shall always prevail.
- If any term of the Promotion Terms is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Promotion Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
- The Promotion is governed by the laws of Singapore and the Singapore courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any matter or dispute arising from the Promotion.