Trading with City Index
Types of trades
Whether you’re a short term investor or a long-term trader, City Index offers a range of different markets to help minimise your dealing costs and maximise your trading potential.
Take a look at our table to see which type of trading style suits you best.
CFD trading explained
Trading CFDs is our most popular way to trade the markets which is ideal for shorter-term trading (positions open for days or weeks) based on technical levels and market news. Trading CFDs means:
- Tight spreads
- Trading on margin;
- Hedge your existing portfolio
- A dividend adjustment may be applicable to some markets
- P&L crystallised only when positions are closed or partially closed
Monthly and quarterly futures
City Index offer monthly and quarterly futures on some markets. Futures may be ideal for customers who want to take a position over the longer term (weeks and months) and base trades on both technical and fundamental analysis.
- No overnight financing charge applied as contained within price
- Fixed monthly/quarterly expiry date
- Positions may be rolled over to next month/quarter