Turbocharge your trades this holiday season
- You agree that by participating in this promotion (“Promotion”) you will be bound by the terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) set out below as well as the general terms and conditions (including any supplemental terms) that apply to your account1 with City Index (“Our Terms”). Capitalised terms and expressions used in these Promotion Terms shall have the same meaning as in Our Terms unless specified otherwise in these Promotion Terms.
- The Promotion is offered by City Index (“City Index”, “we”, “our” or “us”). City Index is the trading name of StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. (“SFP”) for the offering of dealing services in Contracts for Difference (“CFD”). SFP holds a Capital Markets Services License issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore for Dealing in Exchange-Traded Derivatives Contracts, Over-the-Counter Derivatives Contracts, and Spot Foreign Exchange Contracts for the Purposes of Leveraged Foreign Exchange Trading. SFP is a company incorporated under the laws of Republic of Singapore (with company registration number 201130598R) and having its registered office at 1 Raffles Place #18-61, Tower 2, One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616.
- To be eligible to take part in the Promotion you must be a “Qualifying Client” as defined below.
- A “Qualifying Client” means an individual who:
4.1 is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
4.2 is a new client to City Index, and does not have an existing City Index trading account;
4.3 opens a new City Index CFD trading account during the Signup Period (as defined in paragraph 5 below); and
4.4 satisfies the Trading Requirement (as defined in paragraph 8 below).
- The “Signup Period” commences on 1 December 2023 and shall run until 15 January 2024 or when all the bonus (“Bonus”) have been redeemed, whichever is earlier.
- The bonus (“Bonus”) is limited to the first 88 clients who open a new City Index CFD trading account and meet all trading requirements.
- The exclusive holiday gift (“Exclusive Holiday Gift”) is limited to the first 30 clients who meet either the Gold or Platinum Tier. “Exclusive Holiday Gift” will be sent to eligible clients through their verified email address.
- For the purposes of these Promotion Terms:
- The Promotion is available to new self-directed City Index trading accounts only. Managed accounts and accounts referred by an introducing broker shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion. Any trades using a demo account shall also not eligible for this Promotion.
- This Promotion is strictly limited to one (1) Bonus per qualifying new City Index CFD trading account opened by a Qualifying Client in respect of which the Trading Requirement is satisfied.
- The Trading Requirement must be satisfied by the Qualifying Client within the Trading Period. Therefore, only eligible trades placed within the period of 60 days from and including the date the new City Index trading account is opened shall be considered. There shall be no partial pay-outs; if the Trading Requirement has not been fully satisfied within the Trading Period, the Qualifying Client shall not be entitled to receive any Bonus. Where a Qualifying Client meets both the Gold Tier and the Platinum Tier Trading Requirement thresholds during the Trading Period, only the Platinum Tier Bonus shall be credited to the Qualifying Client’s trading account.
- Subject to meeting the Trading Requirement within the Trading Period:
12.1 bonus amounts will be paid before the 15th of each month, with the first payment made week commencing 15 January 2024 upon the Qualifying Client meeting the Trading Requirement within the Trading Period.
- Subject to these Promotion Terms, once a Bonus has been applied to a Qualifying Client’s City Index trading account, it may be retained and withdrawn and/or transferred at the Qualifying Client’s discretion.
- The Qualifying Client’s City Index trading account must be open and not the subject of any dispute with us or default on the date the Bonus becomes payable to the Qualifying Client’s City Index trading account. Failure to comply with this paragraph shall result in the loss of the Qualifying Client’s entitlement (if any) to the Bonus.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Promotion Terms, SFP shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine a Qualifying Client’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion, including, without limitation, whether or not the client is a Qualifying Client or if the Qualifying Client has met the Trading Requirements set out herein. SFP reserves the right not to accept a Qualifying Customer or terminate a Qualifying Customer’s participation in the Program for any reason whatsoever in our sole discretion.
- This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions or programs offered by City Index. In instances where a Qualifying Client was introduced through the Refer a friend scheme and also meets the Trading Requirement for this Promotion, they shall only be entitled to the referral bonus. SFP’s decision in this matter shall be final.
- Under no circumstances shall SFP be liable for any losses that a Qualifying Client may incur as a result of any trades they perform via their City Index trading account(s). For the avoidance of doubt, this Promotion is not intended to influence and/or change a Qualifying Client’s risk preferences or investment strategies. SFP accept no responsibility for any losses whatsoever suffered by the Qualifying Client.
- All Qualifying Clients must read these Promotion Terms carefully alongside together with Our Terms and the risk warnings contained in them.
- SFP’s employees and agents (and, in each case, their immediate family members (i.e., any person residing in the household of the aforementioned people)) shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- In the event an individual seeks to take part in the Promotion but does not meet the qualifying criteria set out in these Program Terms, SFP reserves the right (and without prejudice to any other rights under these Promotion Terms or Our Terms), to immediately remove the Bonus from the individual’s applicable account(s). Additionally, SFP reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers and/or attempts to tamper who breaches the Promotion Terms or Our Terms. SFP reserves the right to exclude Qualifying Clients from the Promotion if SFP believes that the Qualifying Client has acted in bad faith. SFP also reserves the right not to allocate any Bonus to a Qualifying Client’s account should SFP deem that any trades executed by the Qualifying Client in bad faith and in breach of the Promotion Terms.
- SFP reserves the right to alter, amend and/or terminate this Promotion (or any aspect of it), at any time and/or without any prior notice. SFP’s clients will have been deemed to have been duly notified of such changes to the Promotional Terms upon SFP posting the said revised terms on SFP’s website at www.cityindex.com/en-sg. SFP recommends you visit SFP’s website from time to time to review the Promotion Terms. By your continued use of SFP’s services, you are deemed to have accepted all revised terms.
- Any dispute arising from this Promotion and/or interpretation of these Promotion Terms shall be resolved by SFP in a manner SFP deems to be the most appropriate to all concerned. In this regard, SFP’s decision shall be final and binding on all parties concerned. No correspondence shall be entered into thereafter.
- A currency conversion (as determined by SFP in its sole and absolute discretion) shall be applied to all accounts that are not trading in an SGD base currency.
- Notwithstanding that these Promotion Terms may be translated into a language other than English, the English version of the Promotion Terms shall always prevail in the event of an inconsistency as between the English and translated versions.
- If any term(s) of these Promotion Terms is/are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term(s) shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Promotion Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining Promotion Terms.
- The Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Singapore courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter or dispute arising from the Promotion.
“Bonus” means a cash payment of either SGD88 or SGD1,888 credited to the Qualifying Client’s trading account based on the trading volume during the “Trading Period” according to the below table:
Minimum notional volume across FX, Indices, Shares and/or Commodities
|USD $1 million
|USD $20 million
|Bonus Amount (SGD)
|Exclusive Holiday Gift
|1x cocktail of your choice at Smoke and Mirrors
For the Gold and Platinum Tier, you must satisfy the respective Trading Requirement;
“Trading Period” means the sixty (60) day period starting from and including the date the new City Index trading account is opened by a Qualifying Client; and
“Trading Requirement” means a trading volume of at least USD1,000,000 for Gold Tier or at least USD20,000,000 for the Platinum Tier of Forex, Indices, Shares and/or Commodities on the Qualifying Client’s new City Index trading account.
1 as defined in the SFP Customer Agreement.