40th Anniversary Promotion
- You agree that by participating in the City Index 40th Anniversary 2023 promotion (“Promotion”) you will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) as well as the general terms and conditions (including any supplemental terms) that apply to your account1 with City Index (“Our Terms”). Capitalised terms and expressions used in these Promotion Terms shall have the same meaning as in Our Terms unless specified otherwise in these Promotion Terms.
- The Promotion is offered by City Index (“City Index”; “we”, “our” or “us”), City Index is a trading name of StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. (“SFP”) for the offering of dealing services in Contracts for Difference (“CFD”). SFP holds a Capital Markets Services Licence issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore for Dealing in Exchange-Traded Derivatives Contracts, Over-the-Counter Derivatives Contracts, and Spot Foreign Exchange Contracts for the Purposes of Leveraged Foreign Exchange Trading. StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. is a company incorporated under the laws of Republic of Singapore (with company registration number 201130598R) and having its registered office at 1 Raffles Place #18-61, Tower 2, One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616.
- To be eligible to take part in the Promotion you must be a “Qualifying Client” as defined below.
- A “Qualifying Client” means an individual who:
4.1. is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
4.2. is a new client to City Index, and does not have another City Index trading account;
4.3 opens a new City Index CFD account during the Signup Period (as defined in paragraph 5 below); and
4.4 meets the Deposit Requirement and satisfies the Trading Requirement (in each case, as defined in paragraph 6 below).
- The “Signup Period” commences on 12 June 2023 and shall run until 31 July 2023.
- For the purpose of these Promotion Terms:
- The Promotion is available to self-directed trading accounts only. Managed accounts and accounts referred by an introducing broker are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Any trades using a demo account are also not eligible for this Promotion.
- The Promotion is strictly limited to one (1) Bonus per qualifying City Index CFD account opened by a Qualifying Client in respect of which the Trading Requirement is satisfied.
- The Deposit Requirement must be satisfied by the Qualifying Client during the Trading Period. The Trading Requirement must be satisfied by the Qualifying Client within the Trading Period. Therefore, only eligible trades placed within the period of from and including the date the trading account is opened will be considered. There are no partial pay-outs; if the Trading Requirement has not been fully satisfied within the Trading Period, you will not receive any Bonus. Where a Qualifying Client meets both the gold tier and the platinum tier Trading Requirement thresholds during the Trading Period, only the platinum tier Bonus will be credited to the Qualifying Client’s trading account.
- Subject to meeting the Trading Requirement within the Trading Period:
10.1 all bonus amounts will be paid from after the promotion end date on July 31st, with payments made week commencing September 10, 2023.
- Subject to these Promotion Terms, once a Bonus has been applied to a Qualifying Client’s trading account, it may be retained and withdrawn and/or transferred at the Qualifying Client’s discretion.
- The Qualifying Client’s account must be open and not the subject of any dispute with us or default on the date the Bonus becomes payable to the relevant account. Failure to comply with this paragraph shall result in the loss of the Qualifying Client’s entitlement (if any) to the Bonus.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Promotion Terms, we shall have the sole discretion to determine your eligibility to participate in the Promotion, including, without limitation, whether or not you are a Qualifying Client or whether or not you have met the Trading Requirement. We have the right not to accept a Qualifying Customer or to cease a Qualifying Customer’s participation in the Program for any reason or without reason as we shall determine in our sole discretion.
- This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or program offered by City Index. In instances where a Qualifying Client meets the Trading Requirement for this Promotion and subsequently qualifies for another promotion and meets any requirements in such other promotion during the same period, they will only be entitled to participate in this Promotion.
- Under no circumstances will we be liable for any losses that a Qualifying Client may incur as a result of trading on their account(s). The Promotion is not intended to influence or change a client’s risk preferences or investment strategies and we accept no responsibility for the same.
- Qualifying Clients should read these Promotion Terms carefully, as well as Our Terms and the risk warnings contained in them. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any losses that clients may incur as a result of trading on their account(s) using the Bonus or otherwise.
- Our employees or other producers or suppliers associated with this Promotion, their advertising, printing and publicity agencies, and, in each case, their immediate family members (i.e. any person residing in the household of the aforementioned people) will not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- If an individual takes part in the Promotion who does not meet the qualifying criteria set out in these Program Terms, we reserve the right, without prejudice to any other rights under these Promotion Terms or Our Terms, to immediately remove the Bonus from the applicable account(s). In addition, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or breaches the Promotion Terms or Our Terms. City Index reserves the right to exclude Qualifying Clients from the Promotion if we believe that s/he has acted in bad faith. We also reserve the right not to allocate the Bonus to the Qualifying Client’s account if we deem that the trades executed by the Qualifying Client were intended to manipulate the Promotion.
- We reserve the right to alter, amend or terminate this Promotion, or any aspect of it, at any time and without prior notice. We may make changes to these Promotion Terms and will notify you of these changes by posting the modified terms on our website www.cityindex.com/en-sg. We recommend you revisit these Promotion Terms regularly, and by your continued use of our services, you accept any such modified terms.
- Any dispute arising from the Promotion or these Promotion Terms will be resolved by our management in a manner it deems to be the fairest to all concerned, and that decision shall be final and/or binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- A currency conversion (determined by StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd.) will be applied to all accounts not trading in an SGD base currency.
- If these Promotion Terms are translated into a language other than English, then the English version of the Promotion Terms shall prevail where there is an inconsistency.
- If any term of these Promotion Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Promotion Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
- The Promotion will be governed by the laws of Singapore and the Singapore courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter or dispute arising from the Promotion.
“Bonus” means a cash payment of either SGD408 or SGD4,088 credited to the Qualifying Client’s trading account based on the deposit amount and trading volume during the Trading Period according to the below table:
Maintained until payout
FX and/or Indices only
|40 opening trades
|USD $40 million
For gold tier, you must satisfy the gold tier Deposit Requirement and the gold tier Trading Requirement;
For platinum tier, you must satisfy the platinum tier Trading Requirement;
“Deposit Requirement” means a minimum deposit of SGD4,000 for gold tier made to the Qualifying Client’s trading account and maintained until the promotion’s payout in week commencing September 10;
“Trading Period” means the period starting from and including the date the trading account is opened by a Qualifying Client; and
“Trading Requirement” means a trading volume of at least 40 opening trades for gold tier or at least USD40,000,000 for platinum tier of Forex and/or Indices on the Qualifying Client’s trading account.
1 as defined in the SFP Customer Agreement.