Enjoy $888 cash rebates this Dragon Year
[MoneySmart Exclusive $50 cash bonus]
New Client Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- You agree that by participating in this promotion (“Promotion”) you will be bound by the terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) set out below as well as the general terms and conditions (including any supplemental terms) that apply to your account1 with City Index (“Our Terms”). Capitalised terms and expressions used in these Promotion Terms shall have the same meaning as in Our Terms unless specified otherwise in these Promotion Terms.
- The Promotion is offered by City Index (“City Index”, “we”, “our” or “us”). City Index is the trading name of StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. (“SFP”) for the offering of dealing services in Contracts for Difference (“CFD”). SFP holds a Capital Markets Services License issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore for Dealing in Exchange-Traded Derivatives Contracts, Over-the-Counter Derivatives Contracts, and Spot Foreign Exchange Contracts for the Purposes of Leveraged Foreign Exchange Trading. SFP is a company incorporated under the laws of Republic of Singapore (with company registration number 201130598R) and having its registered office at 1 Raffles Place #18-61, Tower 2, One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616.
- To be eligible to take part in the Promotion you must be a “Qualifying Client” as defined below.
- A “Qualifying Client” means an individual who:
4.1 is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
4.2 is a new client to City Index, and does not have an existing City Index trading account;
4.3 opens a new City Index CFD trading account during the Signup Period via MoneySmart (as defined in paragraph 5 below)
- The “Signup Period” commences on 16 January 2024 and shall run until 29 February 2024.
- Qualifying Clients who sign up via MoneySmart will be eligible to a SGD50 exclusive Cash Bonus (“Cash Bonus”) upon deposit of any amount and performing at least one (1) trade.
- The cash bonus (“Cash Bonus”) is limited to the first 50 clients who meet the requirements as outlined in paragraph 6.
- The “Program Period” commences upon you becoming a Qualifying Client and shall cease sixty (60) days from the date the account is opened. For example, if the date of account opening is on 16 January, the Program Period will cease on 16 March (16 January + 60 days).
- Qualifying Clients are eligible to a 50% cashback on the spread or commission on any of their forex, indices, shares, and commodities trades for a 60-day period starting from the date the account is opened.
- The maximum Cash Rebates to be received by the Qualifying Client during the Program Period (as defined in paragraph 8) is SGD888.
- For the purposes of these Promotion Terms:
“Cash Bonus” means a cash payment of SGD50 credited to the Qualifying Client’s Account upon meeting the requirements as outlined in paragraph 6.
“Cash Rebates” means the amount allocated to your Account which will be calculated based on the spread and commission paid on your Account (“Spread/Commission Paid”) for the first sixty (60) days of your Account being active (the “Program Period”).
- Subject to meeting the Promotion Terms within the Program Period:
12.1 Cash Rebates and Cash Bonus will be paid within forty-five (45) days from the end of the Program Period (as defined in paragraph 6) with the first payment made week commencing 29 April 2024. In the example set out in paragraph 6, you will receive your Cash Rebates and Cash Bonus within forty-five (45) days from 16 March 2024.
- The Promotion is only available to new self-directed City Index trading accounts. Managed accounts and accounts referred by an introducing broker(s) shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion. Any trades using a demo account shall also not be eligible for this Promotion.
- This Promotion is strictly limited to one (1) participating account per qualifying new City Index CFD trading account opened by a Qualifying Client.
- Subject to these Promotion Terms, once the Cash Rebates have been applied to a Qualifying Client’s City Index trading account, it may be retained and withdrawn and/or transferred at the Qualifying Client’s discretion.
- The Qualifying Client’s City Index trading account must be open and not the subject of any dispute(s) with us and/or be in default on the date the Cash Rebates become payable to the Qualifying Client’s City Index trading account. Failure to comply with this paragraph shall result in the loss of the Qualifying Client’s entitlement (if any) to the Cash Rebates.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Promotion Terms, SFP shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine a Qualifying Client’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion, including, without limitation, whether the client is a Qualifying Client and/or if the Qualifying Client has met the Trading Requirements set out herein. SFP reserves the right not to accept a Qualifying Customer and/or terminate a Qualifying Customer’s participation in the Program for any reason whatsoever in SFP’s sole discretion.
- This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions and/or programs offered by City Index. In instances where a Qualifying Client was introduced through City Index’s Refer-a-Friend scheme and further meets the terms set out for this Promotion, the Qualifying Client shall only be entitled to the referral bonus. SFP’s decision in this matter shall be final.
- Under no circumstances shall SFP be liable for any losses that a Qualifying Client may incur because of any trades they perform via their City Index trading account(s). For the avoidance of doubt, this Promotion is not intended to influence and/or change a Qualifying Client’s risk preferences or investment strategies. SFP accept no responsibility for any losses whatsoever suffered by the Qualifying Client.
- All Qualifying Clients acknowledge that they have read these Promotion Terms carefully alongside together with Our Terms and the risk warnings contained therein.
- SFP’s employees and agents (and, in each case, their immediate family members (i.e., any person residing in the same household)) shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- In the event an individual seeks to take part in the Promotion but does not meet the qualifying criteria set out in these Program Terms, SFP reserves the right (and without prejudice to any other rights under these Promotion Terms and/or Our Terms), to immediately remove the Cash Rebates from the individual’s applicable account(s). Additionally, SFP reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers, attempts to tamper and/or breach the Promotion Terms or Our Terms. SFP reserves the right to exclude any Qualifying Clients from the Promotion should SFP believe, or have reason to believe, that the Qualifying Client has acted in bad faith. SFP also reserves the right not to deposit any Cash Rebates to a Qualifying Client’s account should SFP deem that any trades executed by the Qualifying Client in bad faith and in breach of the Promotion Terms.
- SFP reserves the right to alter, amend and/or terminate this Promotion (or any aspect of it), at any time and/or without any prior notice. SFP’s clients will be deemed to have been duly notified of such changes to the Promotional Terms upon SFP posting the said revised terms on SFP’s website at www.cityindex.com/en-sg. By your continued use of SFP’s services, you are deemed to have accepted all said revised terms.
- Any dispute arising from this Promotion and/or interpretation of these Promotion Terms shall be resolved by SFP in a manner SFP deems to be the most appropriate. In this regard, SFP’s decision shall be final and binding on all parties concerned. No correspondence shall be entered into thereafter.
- A currency conversion (as determined by SFP in its sole and absolute discretion) shall be applied to all accounts that are not trading in an SGD base currency.
- Notwithstanding that these Promotion Terms may be translated into a language other than English, the English version of the Promotion Terms shall always prevail in the event of an inconsistency as between the English and translated versions.
- If any term(s) of these Promotion Terms is/are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term(s) shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Promotion Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining Promotion Terms.
- The Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Singapore courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter or dispute arising from the Promotion.
1 as defined in the SFP Customer Agreement.