Create your CFD trading account
Open a City Index account today* and start your CFD trading journey. Select from a range of account types to suit your trading style.
*Subject to review and approval
- Trade thousands of CFD markets
- Retail clients will have negative balance protection applied, meaning that your losses cannot exceed your deposits
- Competitive spreads on forex, shares, indices, cryptocurrencies, commodities and more
- Fast, reliable execution on over 100 markets
- Optimise your MT4 experience with a range of Expert Advisors
- Receive all the latest market-moving news from Reuters in-platform
- Add multiple authorised users to trade on your behalf
- Use company funds to trade
- Receive best-in-class customer service
- Trade in the name of your SMSF or Trust
- Use Trust or Super Fund capital to trade
- Benefit from a dedicated account manager
- Priority service and a dedicated relationship manager
- Invitations to exclusive content, seminars, webinars and hospitality events
- Broker-assisted dealing for telephone trading
Test drive a demo account
Practise trading risk-free with a City Index demo account and trade thousands of markets with $20,000 in virtual funds.
Frequently asked questions
What is a trading account?
A trading account is used to buy or sell assets on a broker’s platform. The term may refer to a leveraged account used for speculation, as opposed to a General Investment Account that holds longer-term positions.
Trading accounts can be used to access a variety of market types, such as forex, indices, shares and commodities.
Why do I need a trading account?
You need a trading account to be able to get access to our platform, add your funds and start speculating on market prices. Opening a trading account with us means you’ll be able to:
- Choose from 6500+ markets including indices, shares and forex
- Trade on award-winning platforms for web and mobile
- Read real-time news from Reuters and our expert analysts
- Analyse your trades with our Performance Analytics tool
Learn more about why you should open a trading account with us
How long does it take to open a trading account?
We aim to open your account as quickly as we can. Our forms can be filled out in just a few minutes, with some personal information and details of your experience and financial situation. Once we’ve confirmed your identity, you’ll be notified immediately and can start trading.
In the event that we require more information from you, it may take us a little bit longer to open your account.
Ready to open an account? Start your application here.
If you have more questions visit the FAQ section or start a chat with our support.