Knockout Options Promotion
Knockout Options Promotion
- You agree that by participating in the City Index promotion (“Promotion”) you will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) as well as the general terms and conditions (including any supplemental terms) that apply to your account1 with City Index (“Our Terms”). Capitalised terms and expressions used in these Promotion Terms shall have the same meaning as in Our Terms unless specified otherwise.
- The Promotion is offered by City Index (“City Index”; “we”, “our” or “us”), City Index is a trading name of StoneX Financial Pte. Ltd. (“SFP”) for the offering of dealing services in Contracts for Difference (“CFD”). SFP is a company registered in Singapore (with company registration number 201130598R), is licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and acts as principal for all transactions for Over-the-Counter Derivatives including CFDs.
- To be eligible to take part in the Promotion you must be a “Qualifying Client” as defined below.
- A “Qualifying Client” means an individual who:
4.1. is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
4.2. is a new client to City Index, and does not have another City Index trading Account who opens a new City Index CFD account during the Promotional Period (as defined in paragraph 6 below) OR is an existing retail client of City Index who has received an email invitation/notification to participate in the Promotion and has opted-in to the Promotion during the Promotional Period, and
4.3. meets the Deposit Requirement and satisfies the Trading Requirement (in each case, as defined in paragraph 7 below).
- Promotion commences on 1 October 2022 and shall run until 30 November 2022, after which the Promotion will cease (“Promotional Period”).
- For the purpose of these Promotion Terms:
“Cash Bonus” means SGD$200 cash credited to the client’s trading account;
“Deposit Requirement” means a minimum deposit of SGD$2,000 made to the trading account; and
“Trading Requirement” means 2 opening trades of Knockout Options FX, Indices, Commodities or Metals on the Qualifying Client’s trading account;
- The Promotion is strictly limited to one (1) Cash Bonus per qualifying City Index CFD Account opened by a Qualifying Client in respect of which the Trading Requirement is satisfied, and the Promotion is available to self-directed trading account holders only. Managed accounts and accounts referred by an introducing broker are not eligible.
- The Deposit Requirement and Trading Requirement must be satisfied by the Qualifying Client during the Promotional Period. Therefore, only eligible trades placed between 1 October 2022 and 30 November 2022 will be considered. There are no partial pay-outs; if the Trading Requirement has not been fully satisfied within the designated period, you will not receive any Cash Bonus.
- Upon meeting the Trading Requirement, the Qualifying Client will receive the Cash Bonus within ten (10) business days of the end of the Promotional Period (i.e. 10 working days from 30 November 2022).
- Any trades placed using a demo account do not qualify for this Promotion.
- Subject to these Promotion Terms, once a Cash Bonus has been applied to a Qualifying Client’s trading account, it may be retained and withdrawn and/or transferred at the Qualifying Client’s discretion.
- The Qualifying Client’s account must be open and not the subject of any dispute with us or default on the date the Cash Bonus becomes payable to the relevant account. Failure to comply with this paragraph shall result in the loss of the Qualifying Client’s entitlement (if any) to the Cash Bonus.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Promotion Terms, we shall have the sole discretion to determine your eligibility to participate in the Promotion, including, without limitation, whether or not you are a Qualifying Client or whether or not you have met the Trading Requirement.
- This Promotion runs in conjunction with Welcome Rebate offer run by City Index. Participants are entitled to earn rebates on monthly trading and Refer Friends Program when they meet the T&Cs of the Welcome Rebate offer starting when they open an account with City Index. T&Cs and Refer-A-Friend T&Cs. If participants meet the trading and deposit requirements for Knockout Promotion, they shall be entitled to receive the Cash Bonus.
- Under no circumstances will we be liable for any losses that a Qualifying Client may incur as a result of trading on their account(s). The Promotion is not intended to influence or change a client’s risk preferences or investment strategies and we accept no responsibility for the same.
- Qualifying Clients should read these Promotion Terms carefully, as well as Our Terms and the risk warnings contained in them. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any losses that clients may incur as a result of trading on their account(s) using the Cash Bonus or otherwise.
- Our employees or other producers or suppliers associated with this Promotion, their advertising, printing and publicity agencies, and, in each case, their immediate family members (i.e. any person residing in the household of the aforementioned people) will not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- If an individual takes part in the Promotion who does not meet the qualifying criteria set out here, we reserve the right, without prejudice to any other rights under these Promotion Terms or Our Terms, to immediately remove the Cash Bonus from the applicable Account(s). In addition, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or breaches the Promotion Terms or Our Terms. City Index reserves the right to exclude Qualifying Clients from the Promotion if we believe that s/he has acted in bad faith. We also reverse the right not to allocate Cash Bonus to the Qualifying Client’s account if we deem that the trades executed by the Qualifying Client was intended to manipulate the Promotion.
- We reserve the right to alter, amend or terminate this Promotion, or any aspect of it, at any time and without prior notice. We may make changes to these Promotion Terms and will notify you of these changes by posting the modified terms on our website www.cityindex.com. We recommend you revisit these Promotion Terms regularly, and by your continued use of our services you accept any such modified terms.
- Any dispute arising from the Promotion or these Promotion Terms will be resolved by our management in a manner it deems to be the fairest to all concerned, and that decision shall be final and/or binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If these Promotion Terms are translated into a language other than English, then the English version of the Promotion Terms shall prevail where there is an inconsistency.
- If any term of these Promotion Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Promotion Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
- The Promotion will be governed by the laws of Singapore and the Singapore courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any matter or dispute arising from the Promotion.
1 as defined in the SFP Customer Agreement.